Consultant – SR&ED Tax Credits (SR&ED Express)
Ayming Canada is looking for an experienced SR&ED consultant to service Montreal and support our new SR&ED Express service line. The ideal candidate has a passion for excellence, is driven to achieve his/her full potential and understands the value of building relationships with clients and colleagues.
If you have a degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and have SR&ED consulting experience, this role may be of interest to you.
About Your Role
As part of a team of consultants delivering Finance and Innovation consulting services in the manufacturing industry, the primary job responsibility for the SR&ED Consultant is to prepare claims for SR&ED tax incentives for their portfolio of clients. This role includes:
- Evaluating client projects and activities in relation to the SR&ED tax incentive program
- Planning, organizing and executing SR&ED claims, including interviews of technical personnel, and structuring projects according to government criteria
- Collaborating with clients’ staff and identifying expenditures involved in those projects
- Preparing the required technical reports corresponding to eligible expenditures
- Evaluating client documentation systems, training staff and developing strategies to maximize claim benefits, following the methodologies and tools developed by Ayming
- Advising and acting on behalf of our clients to support claims under review by the CRA.
- Prioritizing tasks for multiple clients to consistently achieve delivery milestones, maintaining records, managing audits and handling communication with the CRA.
- Identifying opportunities in clients’ operations to determine eligibility for any additional Ayming products/services that can benefit clients’ businesses. (other funding programs such as grants, tax credits cost savings in operation services etc )
- Following internal processes and procedures, and maintaining all reporting tools in a timely and accurate manner
What You Bring to the Table
- University undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or related field or study. A university graduate degree is an asset
- Prior consulting experience with the SR&ED program in the manufacturing sector
- Experience or solid knowledge of plastics/metal manufacturing or food processing is an asset
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices; holding a CPA is an asset
- Proven customer service experience
- Being results driven and client focused
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently and in a team to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and in English
Why Work For Us?
- Work from home policy during COVID-19 pandemic;
- Career growth and progression, within a dynamic, growing organization;
- Global established brand where you will be able to develop your career and have a significant impact;
- Autonomy, balanced with a solid level of support and collaboration;
- Flexibility –design your own work schedule and work from home 1 day/week (prior to and post COVID);
- Excellent base salary, with high earnings potential in bonuses, benefits, vacation, etc.
- We offer personal days, statutory holidays and half day Friday’s all summer;
- Excellent benefits package including 100% of employee healthcare benefits are covered by the company.
Do you feel that you’re a great fit for the Ayming team? Submit your Resume/CV today!
Data Privacy Notice
Ayming Canada Inc.