$5 Million in Grants to Support Canada's Dairy, Egg & Poultry Processors
We’ve got great news in Grants for Canada’s Dairy, Egg and Poultry processors!
The Supply Management Processing Investment Fund (SMPIF) is part of the Government of Canada’s commitment to support processors and address the impacts of international trade agreements. The program aims to address challenges affecting productivity and competitiveness, with the aim of:
- Increasing automation / robotization in processing facilities
- Reducing production costs
- Increasing productivity (measured with volume of input / output and production costs)
- Increasing in annual revenues
- Supporting new product lines
SMPIF looks favourably on additional benefits related to:
- Improving environmental sustainability (wastewater; water and energy consumption)
- Improving food safety and animal welfare
- Increasing shelf-life
The intake period is now open, applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
Up to $5 million in grant funding per organization over the program period.
- Companies with 499 or fewer employees = 50% fund match
- Companies with 550 or more employees = 25% fund match
Applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis, as part of a highly competitive intake.
Processors that fall into the following categories, whose primary source (more than 50%) of supply-managed commodities are from Canada:
- Dairy processors: dairy milk from an animal (cows, ewes, goats, water buffalo) processed into butter, cheese, milk powder, ice cream, evaporated milk, yogurt, etc.
- Poultry processors: chicken and turkey primary and further processors
- Hatcheries: broiler, egg-type, and turkey
- Egg graders of Canadian table eggs
- Egg processors: shell egg processed into liquid eggs, powdered egg, frozen product, and ready-to-eat items
Eligible Project Costs:
- Purchase and installation of new equipment
- Contracting external expertise to support equipment installation
- Costs for modifying the processing facility necessary to facilitate equipment installation
Ineligible Expenses include: Construction of a building, the purchase of land or buildings, research & development activities.
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian agri-food / dairy/ meat/ cheese/ grain processors and producers and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.