It pays to optimize your freight & logistics costs
Freight & Logistics optimization generally involve many departments (i.e. Logistics, Customer Service, Warehouse, Freight forwarder), so our team deployed by Ayming is comprised of procurement professionals. Our team talks the same language as your stakeholders ensuring a seamless process. Understanding the ever-moving shipping landscape and developing strategies aligned to your Company needs is our specialty. Below are the key areas of our analysis for your freight and logistics expenditures:
- Duplicated Payments
- Incorrect Freight Rates
- Contractual Issues
- Freight Errors
- 3 Year look-back period
- Payment History Analysis
- Fuel Surcharges
- Existing Carrier Contract Analysis
- In-house billing
Analyzing and managing your freight and logistic expenses has its own set of challenges, below are some common roadblocks many companies face when considering optimizing their spend:
- Paying for services that are tailored to actual needs and usage can be challenging and not easily obtainable.
- Due to the constantly changing landscape, knowing the best prices and plans available can be overwhelming.
- Indirect expenses are not negotiated every day by your internal team, making them harder to manage and keep track of.
- The terms and conditions of service contracts often favor the service providers.
- Knowing where and how to find billing errors
Ayming’s expertise in optimizing these costs enables us to identify and recover significant savings for our clients. We boast a 100% success rate in uncovering savings for our clients, so call us today to schedule your free review and to gain clarity on available cost reduction opportunities.
We believe that it is not just about securing savings from billing errors, but also renegotiating better rates from your current service provider (or their competitors). As part of our comprehensive analysis of your spend, Ayming’s team of specialists will work alongside your team to collect the necessary information and data, such as:
- Total G/L Spend by providers
- Current Contracts and Rate Sheet with providers
- List of all current shipping lanes by providers
- Shipping Policy or SOW: i.e. document outlining packaging method per category of item, delivery lead time, carrier selection etc.
- List of products shipped (Freight)
- List of all current services provided by providers (Logistics)
- Shipping details
- Data provided should cover 12 months
Analysis of Savings
We identify and analyze savings opportunities with respect to your current costs. Savings opportunities can include: clean up of services no longer required or deemed redundant, optimization of current services, negotiation of rates, evaluation of current plans and prices in the market to ensure no over-payments, and any other areas Ayming’s experts identify that will reduce ongoing costs.
Action Plan & Strategic Report Presentation
At this stage, our experts will provide you with an action plan which includes a synopsis of refunds and savings identified by Ayming. Once you authorize Ayming to make requests to suppliers related to the scope of the services, Ayming will begin the negotiation process.
To streamline the process and derive the most benefit, Ayming requests that you do not interact with suppliers during the negotiation process. This does not grant Ayming the right to sign anything on your behalf. You will remain the only signatory of supplier contracts once you agree with the terms and conditions negotiated by Ayming..
Ayming will present a Final Report that summarizes the freight/logistics recovery(s), original spend, benchmark, the Action Plan, the results of the Action Plan, the new spend and the defined savings secured.
Our Freight & Logistics experts will take the time to understand your current and future needs in order to best determine the right pricing and services suited for your business. Many of our clients have obtained significant results following our expert negotiations and plan revisions; even companies who were already locked into long-term contracts were still able to obtain additional savings.
- Ayming secures $291 million in cost savings annually for its clients, and here are just a few more reasons why partnering with us can provide substantial financial benefits to your company:
- In 2020, Ayming was recognized as the Most Indispensable Consulting Firm in Cost Optimization globally by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
- Over 30 years’ consulting and cost optimization experience.
- Global presence in 15 countries with over 20,000 happy clients.
- Ability to handle national and global RFP’s with our clients’ needs and potential cost savings in mind.
- Free analysis of indirect cost optimization opportunities, followed by a concise report detailing potential savings and an implementation plan.
- Ayming is the only firm in Canada with the ability to increase funding and decrease costs using our cost optimization and government funding approach. This results in a significant positive impact to your bottom line.