Funding Alert: Accelerating Hydrogen Challenge for Alberta
The Accelerating Hydrogen Challenge aims to advance technologies designed to strengthen Alberta’s hydrogen economy. Investments through this program will help build a strong pipeline of hydrogen projects across the value chain and contribute to the broader hydrogen ecosystem.
The Application deadline is Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
The program aims to advance Alberta’s hydrogen economy through the support of low emissions transportation, expanding exports, providing low-carbon energy and chemical inputs to Alberta’s existing industries, and to attract new investment and innovation to the province.
Applicants are eligible for up to $7 million with a minimum request of $250,000.
- Innovators, technology developers, municipalities, Indigenous-led organizations, associations, research and development organizations, universities, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Collaboration between multiple organizations is encouraged. Applicants are encouraged to partner with Alberta’s post-secondary and research institutions, Indigenous communities, and municipalities where appropriate.
Low-carbon hydrogen production:
- Next-generation solutions for producing hydrogen from methane.
- Electrolytic production of hydrogen from water and clean electricity.
- Other emerging alternative hydrogen production pathways including photolytic hydrogen, bio-hydrogen, etc.
Novel hydrogen infrastructure:
- Hydrogen pipeline technologies including coatings and treatments.
- Novel hydrogen storage.
- Hydrogen distribution and delivery solutions.
- Hydrogen safety and infrastructure enablers.
- Hydrogen districts, clusters, and similar
Novel hydrogen carriers:
- Liquid carriers such as ammonia, methanol, or synthetic fuels.
- Metal-organic frameworks and similar.
- Power-to-gas and other hydrogen-based energy storage solutions.
Hydrogen in industry:
- Substitution of low-emissions hydrogen as an industrial feedstock, chemical input, or fuel.
- Hydrogen fuel cells and turbines for production of power and/or heat for commercial or industrial applications.
Hydrogen in transportation:
- Novel hydrogen fueling infrastructure.
- Hydrogen for rail, aviation, heavy-duty vehicles, and equipment
- The maximum ERA contribution to a single project will be no more than 50 per cent of the project’s eligible expenses.
- ERA’s funding will be disbursed on a milestone completion basis after eligible expenses have been incurred toward specified tasks over the course of the project term.
- ERA’s contribution to each milestone will be at the same ratio of ERA’s funding toward the total project budget.
Thinking of applying for financing? These funds are highly competitive, contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.