Low Carbon Economy Challenge
Save money and energy, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Ayming’s grant experts can help your business tap into a $2 billion dollar grant fund supporting projects that help reduce Canada’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. This program is part of the latest climate action projects led by the federal government. Its primary focus is to leverage Canadian ingenuity to reduce GHG emissions and generate clean growth in the country.
The Champions stream of the Low Carbon Economy Challenge is currently accepting Expression of Interest submissions until March 25, 2022.
Approved projects are eligible to receive a minimum of $1 million to a maximum of $25 million, with cost-share contributions ranging from 25% to 75% of total project costs
For-profit organizations: eligible project costs must total a minimum of $4 million
Applicants must deploy commercially available technology (TRL 8+) to support projects that result in material, incremental, and cost-effective GHG emissions reductions. Projects will be assessed by:
- Annual reductions achieved in the year 2030 per federal dollar invested
- Cumulative reductions over the lifetime (to 2050) of the project per federal dollar invested
Projects must impact GHG emissions related to existing facilities. Eligible activities include:
- Equipment retrofits
- Building upgrades: insulation, windows, doors
- Carbon capture and storage / utilization
- Clean energy production for own use
- Industrial process emissions changes / product use changes
- Cogeneration; heat recovery
- Ineligible expenses include: New construction projects, including projected reductions at a facility that is not yet built; projects involving energy production for market sale
- For-profit private sector businesses
- Regional / local / municipal governments
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Provincial and territorial governments / bodies / boards
- Indigenous communities / organizations
Interested in this program? Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started. We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with large and small Canadian companies and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian firm to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration