Grants to Support Building Your Online E-Business and Marketing Presence
As your trusted grant advisor, we recognize that these are complicated times and things are changing quickly, so we’re committed to keeping you informed.
If you are a Canadian business in the Agriculture, Agri-Food or Agri-Products sector there are new marketing grants available to support you in rapidly expanding your e-business capabilities and marketing presence online in light of COVID-19.
The Agri-Food Open for E-Business program will help businesses and/or organizations broaden their marketing channels, respond to new market challenges, increase online sales and provide consumers with access to local food. This targeted application intake features two funding streams:
- Stream 1: Bring Your Business Online: Provides a grant of up to $5,000 to eligible organizations/businesses to help establish an online presence;
- Stream 2: Develop Online Business Opportunities: Provides cost-share funding for up to 90% of eligible costs to a maximum of $75,000 to develop e-business opportunities on a larger scale.
In order to be eligible for grant funding from either stream, your business must be aligned with the following:
- Involved in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sectors;
- In compliance with all Requirements of Law and agree to remain in compliance with all Requirements of Law for the duration of the project;
- A legal entity capable of entering into an agreement with the Province of Ontario;
- Able to provide a Canada Revenue Agency Business Number as part of the application process; and
- Must be engaged in the project and contributing cash towards the project.
Stream 1: Bring Your Business Online
- Eligible organizations and businesses can apply for a grant of up to $5,000 to establish an online e-business and marketing presence.
- Funding is aimed to support Agri-Food and Agri-Products businesses develop their market channels to retain and/or expand sales with the primary objective of bringing products to customers.
- Funding under this stream will be quick for those needing immediate solutions.
- Eligible grant funding is 90% of costs, up to $5,000.
Projects under Stream 1 must be implemented and completed no later than November 30, 2020, and according to the terms and conditions outlined in the application form and the program guidelines.
Stream 2: Develop Online Business Opportunities
- Eligible organizations/businesses either independently or in partnership can apply for up to $75,000 in cost-share funding to develop and implement high-impact online e-business opportunities on a larger scale.
- Projects that create new, expand or enhance e-business capabilities, which includes marketing and sales platforms with the primary objective of bringing products to customers.
- Projects that create and/or expand new markets and revenue streams.
- Projects with results that meet broader business needs that are impactful across the sector (i.e. an online e-business platform for multiple sector businesses).
- Projects that involve partnerships and/or broader industry support are preferred.
- Up to 90% of costs up to $75,000
Projects under Stream 2 must be implemented and completed no later than September 30, 2022, and according to the terms and conditions outlined in the application form and the program guidelines.
Eligible Activities For Streams 1 & 2
Costs Incurred on or after April 24, 2020 for the following:
- Development, enhancement and expansion of an online marketing/sales platform (e.g. e-commerce capability, website, online ordering, overall web presence);
- Initial or start-up licensing or subscription fees up to six months;
- Domain acquisition;
- Website design and graphic development;
- Marketing (e.g. search engine optimization, web ads, building social media presence);
- Distribution system/model development;
- Training key personnel on processes;
- Initial development and validation of new operational processes, including creating processes for logistics of delivery through new marketing channels, shipping, delivery, fulfillment, warehousing and related transactions;
- Minor facility modifications to address social distancing requirements that are directly related to the project (e.g. curb side pickup for online orders);
- Piloting sales practices and systems.
Can I submit more than one application?
Applicants may be approved for one project under each stream of the Agri-Food Open for E-Business Targeted Intake. Applicants cannot submit the same project under both streams of this programming (Bring Your Business Online and Develop Online Business Opportunities). Once a successful applicant receives funding through one of these streams, they are no longer eligible to submit any further projects under that particular stream.
How Ayming Can Help
Our team of grant professionals has the expertise and industry know-how to develop a funding strategy that compliments your planned investments and is tailored to your specific needs. Our holistic methodology and thorough understanding of government grant programs results in $1.5 billion of funding achieved globally for our clients per year. The key is finding the right grant program(s) that align with your business growth and investment needs. Ayming will work with your team to understand your near-term needs and long-term objectives and effectively identify the best funding options available to your business.