Funding Alert: 2023 Open Call for Innovation
The Open Innovation Program provides an opportunity for B.C. clean energy innovators to develop, commercialize and scale solutions that push the world towards a net-zero carbon future.
The British Columbia Centre for Innovation and Clean Energy (CICE) has announced its upcoming 2023 Open Call for Innovation. This program is accepting applications from January 16, 2023 to February 10, 2023 and is providing up to $6 million in total budget allocation over the program period.
- Eligible applicants must be an organization with a British Colombia presence
- Eligible applicants must demonstrate their ability to complete the proposed project
- Application Deadline: January 16, 2023 – February 10, 2023
- Application Decision Timeline: January 16, 2023 – June 1, 2023
The Project timeline can be broken down further into three stages:
Stage 1: January 16, 2023 – February 24, 2023
- Expression of interest submission period: January 16, 2023 – February 10, 2023
Stage 2: February 27, 2023 – May 11, 2023
- Application selected: February 24, 2023
- Detailed proposal deadline: April 7th
Stage 3: May 12, 2023 – June 1, 2023
- Successful applicant notified: May 12, 2023
- Funding awarded: June 1, 2023
- Identify high impact projects that accelerates the reduction of global greenhouse gases
(GHGs) and enables a net-negative emissions future.
- Support B.C. innovators
- Support technologies and processes that are at a technology readiness level (TRL)
- Carbon Management
- Low Carbon Hydrogen
- Bioenergy, Biofuels & Synthetic fuels
- Renewable Natural Gas
- Battery & Energy Storage
- Enhancing normal business operational capabilities
- Purchasing capital equipment
- Performing capital or leasehold improvements or purchase furniture.
- Advertising or other forms of business promotion
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.