Funding Alert: Agri-Food Energy Cost Savings Initiative for Ontario
Agri-Food Energy Cost Savings Initiative is intended to strengthen competitiveness, profitability, growth and long-term sustainability of Ontario’s food processing sector by subsidizing investments that increase energy efficiency and reduce GHG emissions while decreasing operating costs.
20% of eligible costs up to $300k per project.
Ontario Processor with CRA BN, Premises ID # for project location:
- Agri-food-processor (such as food or beverage)
- Bio-processing company (such as food, industrial)
- Packing house (such as chopping; irreversible actions to product)
- Pet food and fertilizer manufacturer
- Food/agricultural commodity/bio-processor waste company
- Purchase or modification of:
- Equipment/Technology that improves energy efficiency
- Water use Equipment/Technology that improves energy efficiency
- Acquisition of Energy Monitoring Controls Equipment/Technology
- “Building Envelope” Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Renewable Energy
- Water Heating and Cooling
Any activities that do not reduce overall operational costs are ineligible.
Applications will be accepted from April 27, 2023 until June 5, 2023
Costs incurred after approval but before March 31, 2025
Equipment and Water Equipment Costs that improve energy efficiency:
- Purchase and installation (including parts/components)
- For Building Energy Efficiency Improvements (see activities above)
- Ordinary Business Operations
- Third-party planning, analysis, design, training, engineering etc.
- Purchase of used/refurbished equipment/technology not from OEM
- Vehicles, Transportation Equipment, Construction/Agriculture machinery
- Ancillary Equipment purchase and installation (e.g. pipes, valves, fittings)
- Lease of equipment/parts/technology
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.