Funding Alert: CanExport SME
CanExport SMEs is designed to promote Canada’s trade diversification efforts through support for new international business development projects.
Specifically, CanExport offers non-repayable government grant funding support to small and medium-sized businesses undertaking tradeshow and marketing initiatives to help sell their products or services in international markets where they currently have little or no sales.
This program is now accepting applications and we highly recommend you to get in touch right away.
Program Funding Amount
Eligible projects that take place between April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024 qualify for 50% cost share up to $50,000.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be for-profit with a Canada Revenue Agency business number
- Be an incorporated legal entity, limited liability partnership (LLP) or cooperative for at least 2 years
- employ between 1-499 full-time equivalent employees
- Have $100,000 to $100 million in declared revenue in Canada during its past fiscal year
Funding Process & Objectives
Program Funding Process:
- Create Applicant Portal
- Submit Eligibility Form (3-5 days for approval)
- Submit Full Application (up to 60 days for approval)
CanExport is designed to assist Canadian small and medium-sized business sell its products or services to new international markets. A market is defined as new and eligible if, during the company’s last complete tax reporting year, sales for that market were:
- less than $100,000 or
- less than 10% of the company’s total sales (domestic and international combined)
Please note Brazil, China, India and the United States are segmented into independent sub-national markets where the above criteria applies to the sub-market rather than the entire country.
CanExport evaluates applicant’s projects based on various impacts such as new leads, increased sales, job creation, supply chain impacts, etc.
- Projects that take place between April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024
- Gathering market intelligence (custom market research, reports and studies)
- Online advertising on social media platforms, online marketplaces and search engine optimization
- Expert advice for digital and e-commerce marketing
- Translating, adapting or creating marketing materials for target market
- Attending virtual and in-person tradeshows (when travel is permitted)
- Website application, maintenance and hosting fees
- Fees to access online marketplaces or e-commerce platforms
- Travel expenses for employees already residing or based in the target market(s)
- Costs related to obtaining a passport or vaccinations
- Fees for influencers and Key Opinion Leaders
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.