Funding Alert: CAP Alberta
The Alberta Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Sustainable CAP) has launched programs to support continued innovation and growth of Alberta’s value-added food and bio-industrial processors.
The program is focused on the growth of Alberta’s value-added food and bio-industrial processors by supporting projects that:
- Create jobs in Alberta
- Support growth of the business by increasing sales
- Support investment (project investment relative to grant request)
- Pursue new markets or expand market opportunities (including removal of barriers to growth and market entry)
- Develop new products and/or processes and introduce new products to market
- Food processors and bio-industrial processors with a minimum of $100,000 in global gross annual sales are eligible to apply to the program
- Eligible capital expenses will be cost shared at 25% grant and 75% applicant
- Eligible non-capital expenses will be cost shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant
- Eligible non-capital expenses are capped at a maximum of $50,000
- The maximum total grant funding an applicant can receive from the Program is $250,000 per fiscal year
- Processing capacity expansion
- Food safety improvement
- New product and process development
- Market development and access
Deadline and Timeline
Deadline: May 15th 2023
Project Timeline: April 1st 2023 – March 15th 2024
Processing Time: 23 weeks
Efficient Grain Handling Program
The Efficient Grain Handling Program shares costs with the agricultural production sector to reduce negative impacts on the environment while enhancing sustainable production, help mitigate climate change and increasing profitability in the agriculture sector.
Eligible expenses will be costs shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant up to $100,000
Emerging Opportunities Program
The Emerging Opportunities Program helps to support Alberta’s strategic objectives related to growth and development of Alberta’s value-added agriculture sector.
The funding amount is up to a maximum of $500,000 per fiscal year
Farm Technology Program
The Farm Technology Program supports the adoption of innovative technology that minimizes agricultural waste, optimizes farm efficiency, and encourages the adoption of best management practices in farm security.
Eligible expenses will be costs shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant up to the following maximums:
- The maximum grant for the Farm Technology Stream for the Program Term is $48,000 per Applicant
- The maximum grant for the Farm Security Stream for the Program Term is $2,000 per Applicant
The maximum grant an applicant can receive from the program is $50,000 over the Program Term (April 2021 to March 2023)
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.