Funding Alert: Agri-Tech Initiative SCAP
The Agri-Tech Innovation Initiative will support businesses within the agriculture and food sector, that are acquiring innovative equipment and technology to improve energy efficiency and production capacity.
Intake opens on February 15, 2024
- Innovative technology and equipment projects
- Up to $100,000 with 50% cost-share
- Larger Projects
- Up to $100,000 with 35% cost-share
- Processors and producers incorporated in Canada, based in Ontario (farm and food processing businesses)
- Must have 65% of matching funds (cash) secured
Projects must be helping farms and food processors invest in innovative technology, equipment or processes that will expand production capacity or enhance efficiency.
A focus for this programs is funding projects that also enhance cyber security in the agriculture and food sector.
- Production capacity
- Acquiring new, sustainable alternatives
- Investing in processing equipment, technologies and practices that improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Energy efficiency
- Lower overall operational costs
- Increase competitiveness and sustainability
- Acquiring equipment and tech that improves, monitor or builds envelope energy efficiency
- Enforce security measures to prevent cyber disruptions like cyber extortion, break of confidential information and technology failure
- Protect on-farm digital system, use a VPN and back up data
The Agri-Tech Innovation Initiative will support projects that drive efficiencies and greater production for both farmers and processors. The initiative focuses on supporting projects that will have positive impacts across the entire value chain, including:
- Increased production capacity
- Greater energy efficiency
- Enhanced IT security
Thinking of applying for financing? These funds are highly competitive, contact us today to get started!
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.