Funding Alert: Industry Commercialization Associates Program
The Industry Commercialization Associate Program helps you accelerate and progress the commercialization of new technology and innovative products. It attracts and retains business talent with key expertise needed for start-up and scaling small or medium enterprises (SME) in Alberta.
This non-repayable government grant program also provides access to financial resources to de-risk the commercialization of new technology or innovation-based products.
It is now accepting applicants and we highly recommend you get in touch right away as it is subject to available funds.
Program Funding Amount
- Qualified applicants may apply to receive up to $120,000 in non-dilutive funding to help cover the salary for employees hired to promote the commercialization of your business.
- Applicants must commit a minimum 25% cash contribution of the total annual salary.
- Funds are dispersed directly to the applicant
- Exist as a corporate person with up-to-date corporate filings.
- Be authorized to undertake the proposed project, and execute a grant with Alberta Innovates on our standard terms
- Be prohibited from receiving Alberta Innovates funding, for instance due to a past bad debt or otherwise not be in good financial standing with Alberta Innovates or its subsidiaries, InnoTech Alberta and C-FER Technologies.
- Be incorporated in Alberta and/or incorporated in another jurisdiction and extra-provincially registered in Alberta
- Be a General Partnership, Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership and registered in Alberta.
- To qualify as a small or medium enterprise (SME), a company must have fewer than 500 full-time employees and less than $50,000,000 in annual gross revenue.
- Companies must be Alberta-based with an Alberta footprint, which includes a significant physical and corporate operational presence in Alberta; appropriate Alberta ownership; and discernible intent that operational benefits will flow primarily within the Province of Alberta.
Funding Process & Objectives
Program Funding Process:
- Pre-Application Connection
- Application and Evaluation
- Project Management and Follow-Up
- Accelerate and progress the commercialization of new technology and innovative products
- Create jobs for business professionals with key expertise needed for start-up and scaling SMEs in Alberta
- Provide access to financial resources to de-risk the commercialization of new tech or innovation based products
To qualify for funding, all projects must:
- Align with the objectives of the Industry Commercialization Associate Program
- Be stepped with critical “go/no go” milestones
- Be completed within the one-year term
- Outline the financial contribution required by applicant
- Comply with other criteria that Alberta Innovates may develop from time to time
Alberta Innovates only funds the project after we have signed an investment agreement with you. Any costs incurred prior to the effective date in the investment agreement are deemed ineligible.
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.