Funding Alert: Low Carbon Economy Fund
The Low Carbon Economy Challenge is a $500 million competitive program that supports a wide range of applicants in deploying proven, market-available technologies that result in material, incremental and cost-effective greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) reductions.
The Low Carbon Economy Challenge (the Challenge Fund) leverages Canadian ingenuity to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and generate clean growth.
Program Funding Amount
- The LCEC program has $500 million allocated for eligible applicants.
- Applicants may request from $1 million up to $25 million in funding for eligible project expenditures.
- Private sector for-profit small, medium, and large businesses.
- Not-for-profit organizations.
- Provincial, territorial, local governments.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit government, communities, or organizations.
A project must result in reductions in GHG emissions in 2030 and over the lifetime of the project. These reductions must be:
- To sources of emissions controlled by the applicant or project partner.
- Beyond what is required by existing regulations, standards, or codes and ongoing work by project proponents (incremental).
- Directly and immediately the result of activities funded by the program.
- Requests must be between $1 million and $25 million.
- Research, development, and demonstration projects.
- Educational or capacity-building projects
- Feasibility or other pre-engineering studies
- Purchase of new vehicles or ZEV infrastructure
- Construction of new buildings
- Applications will be accepted from October 3, 2023, to January 12, 2024.
- Key dates:
- September 2023: Self-screening tool and applicant guide are available.
- October 3rd, 2023: Application period open.
- Summer 2024: Final funding decisions.
- Project completion: March 31, 2028.
Thinking of applying for financing? These funds are highly competitive, contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.