Funding Alert: The Forest Enhancement Society of British Columbia (FESBC) Funding Program
The Forest Enhancement Society of British Columbia (FESBC) Funding Program aims to empower innovative forestry projects that help reduce greenhouse gases, bolster wildfire protection and improve wildlife habitat while creating jobs for British Columbians.
Program Funding Amount & Timeline
FESBC will be investing up to $25 million in projects that take place between June 20, 2022 – March 15, 2024 (extensions may be considered if submitted in writing to FESBC and supported by PwC).
Eligible applicants must:
- Have projects located only on Provincial Crown Land
- Provide a detailed budget for each activity and demonstrate that a project will be completed within the proposed timelines
- Be one of the following: a BC heritage property, community or rural fire department, not-for-profit organization with a mandate to reduce wildfire risk, an all-seasons resort on crown land, local or provincial government agency, a first nations or indigenous owned company/forest tenure holder or any other small area-based tenure holders that don’t own or control a primary forest product manufacturing facility
- Confirm their project aligns with Ministry of Forests wildfire risk reduction priorities
- Preventing and mitigating the impact of wildfires
- Improving damage or low value stands (Forest rehabilitation)
- Improving habitat for wildlife
- Supporting the use of fibre from damaged and low value forests
- Treating forests to improve the management of greenhouse gases
- Wildfire Risk Reduction (WRR)
- Recovery and utilization of low-value residual fibre resulting from wildfire risk reduction treatments
- Project supervision & administration costs
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.