Funding Alert: Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program
The Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program (PEFIP) aims to help supply-managed poultry and egg producers adapt to market changes resulting from the implementation of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
This program is now accepting applications and we highly recommend you to get in touch right away.
Program Funding Amount
- Eligible project costs will normally be shared between Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) and the applicant as a maximum of 70% AAFC and a minimum of 30% applicant.
- Subject to certain conditions, AAFC may provide up to 85% of eligible project costs for young producers who were 35 years old or younger on January 1, 2021.
- PEFIP funding will be allocated by sector (chicken, turkey, eggs, and hatching eggs) and by province according to the provincial shares of the national quota/production. An applicant’s maximum funding amount, or share of the program budget, will be determined based on their share of provincial quota/production as identified by their respective provincial marketing board.
- Be an individual and/or legal entity capable of entering legally binding agreements/contracts
- Have held quota/shares of provincial production on January 1, 2021
- Be one of the following types:
- Poultry and/or egg producers holding quota
- Poultry and/or egg producers licensed, or equivalent, by a provincial marketing agency
- Atlantic Canada Hatching Egg Producers
- Poultry and/or egg producers under new entrant programs with loaned quota and/or whole-farm leases with loaned quota at the time of the calculation
The program supports on-farm investments in:
- Increasing efficiency or productivity
- Improving on-farm food safety and biosecurity
- Improving environmental sustainability
- Responding to consumer preferences (improving animal welfare, adopting alternative housing systems, transitioning to organic production, etc.)
Examples of eligible activities include:
- Hiring of external expertise (consultants) to assess how the poultry and/or egg farm enterprise can improve efficiencies and productivity
- Construction of new barns, expansion of existing barns, and/or building retrofits
- Purchasing, shipping, and installing new equipment (including commercial-off-the-shelf software and IT infrastructure)
- Training related to other eligible project activities
- Applicants have the flexibility to seek funding for eligible activities that started on or after March 19, 2019.
- Project Applications must be received before March 31, 2030, which is the end of the 9th year of the program.
- The project activities must be completed by March 31, 2031.
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.