Funding Alert: The AgriInnovate Program
The AgriInnovate program provides government grants to those aiming to incent targeted commercialization, demonstration, and adoption of innovative technologies and processes that help increase the competitiveness and sustainability of the agri-food sector.
This program is now accepting applications, find out if you are eligible.
Interest-free Repayable Contributions (repayment begins 1 year after project completion, repaid over a period of up to 10 years):
- Maximum $5,000,000 for a project
- Maximum 50% AAFC cost-share
- Additional 10% AAFC cost-share possible if business is majority owned or led by one or more under-represented groups.
Note: Applicants portion of the cost-share must be cash contributions. In-kind contributions are ineligible.
To be eligible for the AgriInnovate Program, the company must be a for-profit organization incorporated in Canada.
Activities are of the following nature and type:
- Commercialization of innovative technology or processes
- Demonstration of innovative agri-technologies or processes where all necessary testing and piloting has been completed and innovation is ready for commercialization. Demonstration must involve:
- Production of samples for market validation, and/or
- Creation of a reference or showcase site for pre-commercial demonstration
- Adoption and significant adaptation of commercially ready innovative technologies or processes to the applicant’s agri-operations
*Projects/activities/budgets can span over more than one fiscal year
- Capital Expenditures
- Renovations, site improvements, leasehold improvements, building purchase, construction and related costs
- Machinery, equipment, and software purchase and installation costs
- Contracted Services
- Professional/Specialized services
- Labour, including wages/salaries and benefits, and specific per diem fees
- Other Direct Project Costs
- Rental, lease of facilities/equipment/machinery
- Goods and services and all related shipping and transportation costs
- Construction or operating licenses and permit costs
- Start-up costs (capitalized interest and insurance during construction, fees for operation of equipment for calibration, and training)
- Limited marketing costs (max 20% total eligible costs)
- Materials/consumables needed to complete project
- Open (on a continuous basis until March 31, 2028 or the funding has been fully committed)
- Applications not processed on first-come first-served basis. Preference for priority areas:
- Advanced Manufacturing, Automation, Robotics and Digitization
- Broad sector impact
- Increasing demand for Canadian primary/secondary agri-products
- Contributing to sustainable growth through value-added products/services
- Projects securing or expanding export markets
Innovation defined as:
- Creation of technology/process expected to produce improvements over existing options
- Adoption of commercially available technologies/processes to address deficiency facing the agri-sector. Tech/process:
- must be new to the Canadian agri-sector
- must be not yet widely adopted in other countries
- undergoes adaptation (beyond customization)
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.