The Ontario Skills Development Fund
The Ontario Skills Development Fund is investing $90 million in innovative projects that address the challenges of hiring, training or retaining workers, including apprentices, to stimulate economic growth in Ontario.
The Ontario Skills Development Fund is open now and accepting applications on a first-come, first-served basis until January 31, 2023! This program can fund all or a portion of the costs of high-impact projects with a minimum value of $150,000 or more.
Program Focus Areas:
- Retention and capacity-building:
- Employer-led training for workers that are targeted to be laid-off
- Experiential learning, work-integrated learning, job placements, and mentorship
- Empower workers who face higher barriers of entry: youth, women, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, and persons with disabilities
- Supports and tools to enhance accessibility and accommodation
- Employment services and supports related to mental health
- Partnerships for innovative solutions:
- Align education, training, and skills development to enhance the talent development pipeline
- R&D on new innovative approaches for support and training services
Key Employee Groups (*must be the primary project audience):
- Workers at risk of job displacement: under skilled employees; individuals with an open work permit that are waiting for their permanent residence status to be finalized
- Populations facing barriers to entry: women, youth, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, racialized groups
- Direct project costs: staffing costs for delivery, direct materials and consumables, program marketing and distribution, employability services and supports…
- Administrative costs: capped at 15% of the project budget
- Capital costs: new training equipment and digital platforms
- Additional: cost of pre-screening candidates, PPE, development of training materials and resources, train-the-trainer resources, training or placement wage subsidies
Includes skilled trades and manufacturing employers in Ontario that have been significantly impacted by labour shortages.
Partnerships are strongly encouraged
Applications must be submitted online via TPON.
If approved, applicants will be required to:
- Identify and report on significant project-related KPIs, including detailed participant information
- Engage the services of a third-party auditor if they receive more than $150,000 in funding through the program. A portion of the auditor cost will be covered by the fund and must be included in the budget application
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.