Green Industrial Facilities and Manufacturing Program
The Green Industrial Facilities Manufacturing Program (GIFMP) provides financial assistance to support the implementation of energy efficiency and energy management solutions designed to maximize energy performance, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions and competitiveness for Canadian industry.
GIFMP offers cost-shared financial support for a holistic and comprehensive suite of energy efficiency measures completed by March 31, 2027. Intake closes July 31, 2023.
Cost-shared financial assistance of up to 50% of eligible implementation costs to a maximum of $10 million per proposal; the minimum contribution is $40,000 per proposal.
Applications will be preliminarily assessed to confirm eligibility and alignment, then evaluated based on extent to which project addresses:
- awareness and uptake of industrial energy efficiency and energy management
- outcomes and benefits
- risks and mitigation
- For all industrial sectors and facility sizes, with a focus on filling gaps in reach and coverage across regions, sectors and activities.
- Activities are intended for industrial facilities that are engaged in energy consuming processes that involve the physical or chemical transformation of materials or substances into new products.
1. Training for Energy Management Practitioners
- Workforce development + training to support job creation, diversification, upskilling
2. Energy Assessments and Audits
- To identify opportunities to improve energy efficiency, reduce operating costs, increase business competitiveness, reduce GHG emissions
3. Energy Managers
- To identify energy, GHG and related cost reduction opportunities, build an energy-savings culture, provide advice, implement energy management system
4. Energy Management Systems
- Establish frameworks for organizations to systematically track, analyze and manage energy, set priorities, and adopt energy efficient practices that are proven to continuously improve energy performance.
- *This activity may include Energy Management Information Systems (EMIS) in accordance with NRCan’s Guidelines, ISO 50001 compliant energy management systems recognized by the 50001 Ready Canada program, ISO 50001 certified energy management systems, Superior Energy Performance certified energy management systems, and other custom approaches.
5. Capital Investments
- Energy efficiency-focused retrofits; support modifications or upgrades to existing facilities/buildings energy-consuming systems and equipment (stationary and mobile), processes, infrastructure
- e.g. Boilers, compressed air systems, hot water systems, fan and pump systems, HVAC, lighting, furnaces, dryers, kilns, refrigeration, steam and condensate systems, metering equipment, automation, control systems
- MUST BE NON-EMITTING (result in zero-emissions at end use)
- e.g. use electricity, renewable energy/biomass, hydrogen etc.
*This activity must be implemented along with a recognized Energy Management System as part of the project or must demonstrate that an EMS was already in place.
- Salaries and benefits of employees of the eligible recipient
- Professional services
- License fees, data purchases, certification costs, regulatory compliance and inspection, construction insurance and permits
- Costs incurred prior to signature of an agreement
- Costs incurred after March 31, 2027
- New Construction
- Investments pertaining to building envelopes or fleet vehicles
Thinking of applying for financing? Don’t wait! These funds are highly competitive. Contact us today to get started!
Our team of experts will take the time to understand your current and future planned projects. We will then align these initiatives to the program in order to provide you with the highest ROI and the highest chance of approval.
- We have extensive experience working with Canadian SMEs and have the expertise to properly position and maximize your application to secure your business funding.
- We are the first Canadian company to establish a national grants practice.
- Our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) driven database of grants provides live access to thousands of programs, including a custom snapshot of all federal and provincial grants currently available to each company specifically.
- Our highly experienced delivery teams boast over 50 + years of combined grants experience and over 200+ years of combined SR&ED experience, meaning you partner with true subject matter experts who are invested in your success.
- No risk success-fee remuneration.
Contact one of our Grant experts today to get your application started ASAP before program funding is depleted! We’re here to help and answer all of your questions.
Find out more about our Grants process here.
Contact us today!
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.